New Musiland 01USD
Available on-line (in China): tmall
Musiland is starting to refresh all of their offerings. Here is a photo of the new 01 USD
- Supports USB3.0 power, USB 2.0 high speed interface protocols
- Capable of 32Bit/384kHz audio processing
- Precision clock synthesis algorithm, high-precision timing mechanism for handling ultra-low jitter digital processing. (I think this means they are using the larger FPGA)
- MULINK digital interface (not very useful for us for the time being)
- Uses Musiland “sixth generation” USB-powered circuitry to provide a stable, clean power supply
- Driver supports Windows 8 operating system
(I am waiting to see the inside of the Musiland 03 Dragon :-))
Soomal just published a “first look” article on this device [link]
Indeed, the FPGA and USB chip have been upgraded (Same ones are use in the 03)
The spdif signals are generated by the FPGA and buffered by a TI HCU04 HEX inverter. This is the same as the previous version, but without the output transformers. Probably a good thing, since may diyers replaced the transformers with higher quality ones.
The 1117 regulators have been replaced by these regulators (S5EBI). Can anyone identify these regulators?