Musiland Mac Driver Beta Finally Out
Update 2/15/12: Discussion boards indicate that everyone is having the “license invalid” problem. Customer service “promised” a new version soon.
Check out the beta folder: http://www.musiland.com.cn/downloads/drivers/beta/
The file name is MlCyMon.pkg with date 2/13/12. It is compatible with all the Musiland USB Devices.
Installation Instructions [link]
- Make sure you update the firmware by first using it with the latest Windows driver in a Windows PC
- If you previously installed the (non-working) Mac driver, you must delete that software first. Look at system/library/extensions/MlCy* files (there are two files) and the Musiland application in the applications folder (one file). The new driver installer does not seem to overwrite the extensions.
- Install the driver without connecting the USB device. The installer will then ask you to restart.
- Connect the USB device. There is no more “installation”. (After a little while the new USB device will show up in the Sound control panel as an output device)
- Restart the computer. (Probably not necessary)
- Select the output device in the sound control panel
- Start the Musiland application which is in the applications folder (it will show up as in icon in the menu bar. Click on it to see the pull down menu and then click “show”)
I am getting a “license invalid” message and therefore no sound. Maybe some of you will have better luck. I am using MacOS Lion and a Musiland 03. Share your experiences in the comments…